Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Stomach Filling Weekend


Despite missing out on the plan to go clubbing, I should say that this weekend turns out to be quite ok….

After going off from office on Saturday, me and my colleague, CYY went to have some drinks at Seattle Coffee located at Merdeka Palace. I used to be a regular customer there way back since my working days with Bing Coffee Company.


However, since I started to work for my new employer, I seldom have the chance to drop by there and enjoy the cooling air-cond system. Since Saturday afternoon turned out to be very hot, I decided to stop by and check out the place.


To my amazement, the management installed two air cooler beside the couch. I used to feel very uncomfortable sitting at the couch last time coz the spotlight really makes the area hot. Both of us almost wanted to sit there for the whole afternoon…until I decided to head back home around 4 plus.


At night time, my girlfriend decided to go for spicy fried clams with her friend, RZ at Third Mile so both me and CYY decided to go over to join them. Three of them were enjoying the clams while I opted for my usual, fried rice with egg. I guess the clams were so good until they went for second serving.


Now this RZ was really enjoying herself until she can’t stop thinking about food. After the two servings, she went over to buy ice-cream at 7-11. And she keep telling us that she could squeeze in a lot more food into her small little belly…..my gosh, maybe she’s pregnant.


Anyway, on Sunday, both me and my girlfriend went for lunch together. As expected, the weather remains so hot until she decided to invent a tunnel cooling system inside her car. She was of coz proud of it but I kept thinking to myself….how the hell does this thing make the air-cond cooler?


Meanwhile, our colleague, the Lady Alonso, decided to drive us for dinner. We initially stop at Simply Sedap café (just beside Atlantis). When we arrived, we noticed that there were several tables with customers either waiting for their food or for someone to take their orders.

As we sat down, one Malay waitress passed the menu to us and just went off……only to come back and take our orders 10 mins later. Now, the worst part is…….15 mins after taking our orders, the drinks have yet to arrive. As I was so hungry, I walked towards the cashier and told her that we are canceling all out orders.


Finally, Lady Alonso drove us all the way to Pending Seafood (opposite KPA badminton hall). We were surprised to find so many people eating there as that place is normally very quiet, especially on Sunday night. Then it struck my mind…..most of them are celebrating Father’s Day so normally they will choose to eat out.

Thank god I managed to enjoy my dinner when the food arrived 15 mins later. After filling my empty stomach, we decided to head home with the memories of the lousy service at Simply Sedap wondering through my mind. So, the moral of the story is that, never ever go to Simply Sedap when you’re hungry as I believe they live in a slow-motion world.



No comments: